Multi-mode Bluetooth idChamp™ RS2 NFC reader engines can be setup using a terminal program from a PC, Mac, or Linux PC using the Serialio.com USB to RS-232 adapter and BlueSnap Bridge cable (DB9 female to USB micro).
Both cables are available from Serialio.com:
Getting at least one of these cables is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. To use the reader in cabled mode to a USB port BOTH cables are required.
HSE, and LE models can also be setup via Bluetooth Smart (BLE) connection using the RS2 NFC Setup application for iOS and Android.
These applications are available here:
- Android: RS2 NFC Setup on gPlay or side-load
- iOS: RS2 NFC Setup on AppStore (requires 64-bit iOS device: iPad Air, iPad Mini-V2 (retina), iPhone 5 and later)
To be sure you can charge the bridge, get the cable set above, or get the travel Micro USB cable to charge if you plan to do setup via Android Bluetooth.
- To power on the idChamp™ RS2, press and hold the button (about 2 seconds) until the LED's blink, then release the button and the reader be on.
- To power off the idChamp™ RS2, press and hold the button (about 3 seconds) until the LED's blink, then release the button and the reader should power off
When Power is correctly applied, the CHG LED will be RED when charging, and GREEN when charged.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all Micro USB cables will work with the idChamp™ RS2.
Note: After the unit is turned on, wait at least 8 seconds before turning off. When you try to turn the idChamp™ RS2 off immediately after powering on, it will blink the LEDs but will not turn off. The reason is a different function is a setup for immediately after power on. When the idChamp™ RS2 power button is held down for about 8 seconds after powering on, or press-and-hold within 8 seconds after powering on, this instructs the NFC reader to 'forget the last connected Bluetooth device'. Since the idChamp™ RS2 attempts to auto-reconnect to the last Bluetooth device it was connected with last, this feature is used when the reader is to be connected with a new host device.
- Connect the idChamp RS2 RFID reader to an iOS device via Bluetooth keyboard (HID) mode. • Connect the idChamp RS2 RFID reader to an iOS device via Bluetooth keyboard (HID) mode.
- Connect the idChamp RS2 RFID reader to Android device via Bluetooth SPP mode. Also, use this page to modify the Bluetooth radio settings.
- Connect the idChamp RS2 RFID reader to Windows via USB to RS-232 cable. Use this page to modify the RFID Engine settings.
- Back to idChamp RS2 Dual-Bluetooth NFC-RFID / Felica / Prox HID / Prox AWID reader Product page.