- Scanfob is requesting a PIN code
1.1. If your Scanfob 2006 is requesting a PIN code, you need to disable authentication. You can disable or re-enable authentication by scanning these control codes:
- Scanfob is not discoverable long enough to connect
2.1. The Scanfob 2006 is designed to automatically turn off the Bluetooth engine after a period of inactivity. This is to improve battery life. This timeout can be configured or even disabled with these control codes:
- Scanfob is not appending a carriage return to each scan
3.1. Scan this barcode to configure your Scanfob 2006 to append a carriage return character to each scan:
- Scanfob lost connection and now my scanned data is gone
4.1. Unfortunately, you may have to re-scan the data that you lost. However, to avoid this happening in the future, scan these barcodes:
The first one is "Enable Data Memorizing" & the second one is "Memorize Data After Disconnect"
- Scanfob is not seen by my Windows computer when plugged in via USB
5.1. To enable USB communications, scan the "Enable USB Communications" barcode from the Quick Start Guide.
- Some scanned data is inconsistent when scanning into an iOS device in HID mode
6.1. HID mode stands for Human Interface Device. This means that, while in HID mode, your Scanfob 2006 is communicating with your device as if it was a Bluetooth keyboard. The nature of this Bluetooth profile is subject to occasional missing characters and inconsistencies. To avoid this while using your Scanfob with an iOS device, you can use the Scanfob 2006 in MFi mode. MFi mode is more reliable (similar to SPP), but you must be using the Scanfob with an MFi certified application. Note: All Serialio applications for iOS are MFi certified.
- Scanfob is not emitting a laser
7.1. The Scanfob 2006 will not emit its laser when it is in Bluetooth discovery mode. As soon as you pair with your device, the laser will be available again.
- Scanfob is not discoverable via Bluetooth
8.1. Once you scan the Bluetooth mode that you want to connect to your device with, the Scanfob 2006 is not automatically discoverable. To make your Scanfob discoverable, you must hold down the large button on your Scanfob for approximately three seconds or until the LED begins to flash blue. The Scanfob 2006 is only discoverable when this blue light is flashing. If it times out before you are able top connect your device, repeat this process.
- Scanfob flashes a yellow LED when attempting to scan a barcode
9.1. A yellow LED on the Scanfob 2006 indicates an error occurred, usually with data transmission or connectivity. to resolve this, follow these steps:
- Disconnect (un-pair) your Scanfob from any devices it may be connected to
- Reset your Scanfob 2006 by holding down both the large and small buttons simultaneously for approximately 30 seconds or until you see a brief red LED and a single-tone beep
- Scan the appropriate barcodes to connect with your device (SPP for Android, HID for iOS, etc.)
- Scan the "make discoverable & connectable" barcode form the Quick Start Guide
- Re-pair your Scanfob with the device
- If your Scanfob is still flashing a yellow LED, try flashing the firmware. If flashing the firmware doesn't work, create an RMA with Opticon.
- Scanfob will connect to my device (iOS, Android, Windows), but will not send the scanned data
10.1. Your Scanfob 2006 is most likely in the wrong Bluetooth mode for your device. To resolve this, follow these steps:
- Un-pair the Scanfob (and forget it if the option is available on your device)
- Scan the barcode for the Bluetooth mode best suited for your device
- Windows works well with either SPP, HID or BLE
- iOS works best with HID
- Android works best with SPP
- Mac OS X works well with SPP, HID or BLE
- Scan the "make connectable & discoverable" barcode
- Re-pair your Scanfob
- Scanfob will not download scanned data to my PC (batch mode)
11.1. Your Scanfob 2006 likely needs the firmware flashed. This could be because the firmware is outdated or because something became corrupt.
Modified on: Thu, 22 Mar, 2018 at 1:23 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.